:P love it!
Black Book: Prologue
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Dive into this narrative-driven RPG Adventure with card-based combat and explore a world where reality neighbors myth.
Take a peek into the haunting and mysterious world of Slavic mythos in Black Book: Prologue - a vital chapter in the story of Vasilisa, a young sorceress. Travel across the rural countryside as you aid commonfolk and battle evil forces, using a card-based combat system.
Welcome to the mysterious, yet intriguing world of Black Book - an Adventure game mixed with deck building turn-based combat, inspired by the likes of Slay the Spire.
In the game, you’ll step forth into the rural countryside as Vasilisa - an apprentice sorcerer, trained in witchcraft. Travel across the lands as you aid common folk by persuading - and sometimes battling - the otherworldly creatures of Slavic myth.
- Uncover the seals of Black Book
Unleash hellish spells on your enemies! Collect spell cards and new skills as you progress.
- A Historic Adventure
solve riddles and complete side-quests as you learn more about life in the countryside of olden Russia.
- Myths and legends
Explore a world based on Northern Russian mythology. Learn from an in-game encyclopedia, created with the help of expert anthropologists - and find all folk tales hidden within the game!
Add to wishlist on Steam
|Updated||16 days ago|
|Published||19 days ago|
|Genre||Adventure, Role Playing, Visual Novel|
|Made with||Unity, 3ds Max, Maya, Adobe Photoshop|
|Tags||3D, Atmospheric, Dark, Exploration, Fantasy, Horror, Short, Singleplayer|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Playstation controller|
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
i am in love with this game! i so can't wait to purchase the full release ^.^
Holy crap, I've never encountered such an interesting game before!
I really loved the prologue and waiting for more! It's so rare that I am willing to buy any game!
I've just played through the first part to become a witch. Enjoying it so far, although it's taking a bit of time to get my head around the 'words' and 'keys'. Looking forward to the rest.
It was a nice ending with a bunch of great mechanics (this is prt 2 btw i wanted to 100% the demo). Really enjoyed myself, well done
Pros and cons are down below) Check out my vids on the game:
1. The concept is amazing! I wanted to see something based on russian legends and folklore for a long time! Being a russian gal, I can tell that the stuff that I have seen in the demo is pretty accurate and the player can really get the feeling of the old russian times. It reminded me a lot of the cartoons of my childhood: The Three Bogatyrs and Prince Vladimir. I love this project!
2. The battles are well-thought. I enjoy every element of them: animations are smooth and magical, the concept of spell-choosing is not new but is very well designed, enemies are different and I hope to see a vast variety of them in the full game.
3. The last but not least - the art style is very pleasing to look at. I think it is perfect for a game like this.
1. There are bugs here and there. The first fence (you can see that in the first video) in some places gets you stuck and in the other places you can go right through it.
2. I guess the main character doesn't really look like a stereotypical russian Vasilisa who should be fair and blue-eyed. It's not bad that the character is a bit different, it's just I expected something like this, I guess:
3. It would be nice to include a tutorial with examples on what do some cards mean. I didn't understand how "firm" works and what is that. Though, I didn't get a chance to use it because during the demo you don't really have time to figure out everything.
Overall: a wonderful, awesome experience! A very nice combination of open maps, choices from the text and combat. I can't wait for the full game, definitely buying it! 5/5
Hope my feedback was useful!
What a great demo devs. I really enjoyed play Black Book : Prologue. and am certainly looking forward to updates/full release.
It took me a few attempts to kill the demon in the winmill though
Hey did you know that if you spam the dmg/round then you can keep using defence and still do damage
This game is awesome, I love the emphasis on story and world building here. Some of the dialogue is a bit cheesy but not to the point that it takes away from the game. I included your game on my round up of my favorite games I played this week, so keep up the great work! Looking forward to the full release!
I like the game. Keep up the good work!
can i run it on windows 7 ultimate (32 bit) ?
nice game...loved it!, waiting for next updates :D
when did this come out?
This was such a nice little card RPG that has a lot of neat things going on. You play as a witch that gets the ability to deal with demons, which thus makes you the go to for all demon problems in the area. Combat is handled with cards or "words" that allow you to use different abilities to defeat demons. But dialogue and quests require that you read folk stories and talk to characters so you can learn all there is to know about demons. There's frequent knowledge checks where you get free XP if you've been paying attention. Overall a neat idea, can't wait for the full release!
I'm always down to play a good rpg and i like that this one has a dark fantasy vibe to it. I can the magic system being really cool, I was trying to figure combination here and there. Overall great prologue for your game I'm more interested to see where this goes and how the full game will be.
This is fantastic, i wish the full game was out already haha.
very nice! Love games where my choice changes the outcome of the game. Plus grandpa crack me up lol i'm not done with the prologue yet so expect a second video!
dude it looks so fuckin good holy shitttt
-excuse my language
Not my kind of game but this game looks great. :)